Our firm has long been devoted to serving the legal needs of healthcare clients. Our healthcare clients include public hospital districts, physicians and physician groups, dentists and dental groups, nursing homes, and long-term care facilities. We provide advice, representation, and legal counsel to healthcare clients on regulatory matters, corporate governance and operational matters, transactions, and litigation.
Healthcare Regulatory Counsel and Representation
We provide counsel to healthcare clients on a wide variety of regulatory matters such as:
- Compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations, including physician self-referral (Stark) and anti-kickback regulations
- Open Public Records and FOIA requests
- EMTALA and HIPAA regulations
- Physician and healthcare credentialing
In addition to providing counsel, we represent healthcare clients in administrative and regulatory proceedings and, if necessary, in court.
Corporate Governance and Operational Matters
We provide healthcare clients with advice on corporate governance and, at their request, on legal issues arising in director and shareholder meetings.
In addition to regulatory matters advice, we also advise boards and senior management on a wide range of operational matters including:
- Employment issues, including hiring, suspension, retention, and termination
- Human resource issues, including employment policy and procedure development
- Physician privilege issues
- Operational legal matters, such as medical equipment leasing and license arrangements
Our various practice groups provide healthcare clients with transactional representation for matters such as real estate acquisition, financing, capital equipment purchases, business acquisitions and divestitures, construction, and land matters. With a broad understanding of the operations of our healthcare clients, we are able to provide strong transactional representation to advance their business objectives.
Healthcare clients are sometimes involved in litigation, ranging from contractual disputes, construction disputes, employment claims and regulatory proceedings. Our litigation team has successful represented healthcare clients in all of these matters.